Growing your relationship with young children by communicating effectively
How you communicate with children as an educator, parent or au pair is very important. When you communicate well, you build trust with the children in your care. This trust helps children to become confident human beings. When you have good communication skills, you can stimulate, interest, understand, comfort, instruct, help and support every child.
- the six main communication skills used with young children
- in-depth skills training in each of these communication skills
- using these skills during routine activities and during planned activities
- communicating with parents and caregivers
- practical activities to apply your skills
- reflection on your learning